Re: [at-l] Mountains and Weather

In a message dated 10/5/99 4:11:01 PM EDT, lpatton@mailer.fsu.edu writes:

<< Wildbill,  Sympathies on your loss.  I need NC/TN border between Great
 Smokies and Hot Springs.  Thanks.  --  Earthworm >>

It has been a couple of months now and I have recovered a lot of them. There
are a couple of sites that can be used.

Wildbill

Site 1: #1 only, because I copied the forecast from this site  and pasted it
below.

 <A HREF="http://www-atm.ucdavis.edu/~wxauto/fos/">U.S. Data by State</A> On
this page, click on the state. On the next page find and click on "Separated
(state name will be here) Zone Forecasts. This will take you too a list of
zones/county names (in most cases the zones and counties are the same). At
the top of the page is a link to a zone map. The fore case for the area you
need is:

 <A HREF="http://www-atm.ucdavis.edu/~wxauto/fos/fpus/zones/NCZ052">NCZ052 at
www-atm.ucdavis.edu</A> Davenport Gap is in Haywood County
 <A HREF="http://www-atm.ucdavis.edu/~wxauto/fos/fpus/zones/NCZ048">NCZ048 at
www-atm.ucdavis.edu</A>  Hot Springs is in Madison County

Both have he same forecast now.

BUNCOMBE-GRAHAM-HAYWOOD-HENDERSON-MACON NC-MADISON NC-
NORTHERN JACKSON NC-SOUTHERN JACKSON NC-SWAIN-TRANSYLVANIA-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...ASHEVILLE...BREVARD...CHEROKEE...
FRANKLIN...HENDERSONVILLE...SYLVA...WAYNESVILLE
400 PM EDT TUE OCT 5 1999

.TONIGHT...CLEAR. PATCHY LIGHT FROST.  FOG IN VALLEYS.  LOW AROUND
40. LIGHT NORTHEAST WIND.
.WEDNESDAY...MOSTLY SUNNY.  HIGH AROUND 70.  NORTH WIND AROUND 10
MPH.
.WEDNESDAY NIGHT...CLEAR.  LOW AROUND 40.
.THURSDAY...MOSTLY SUNNY.  HIGH AROUND 70.

.EXTENDED FORECAST...
.THURSDAY NIGHT THROUGH FRIDAY...DRY. LOWS IN THE MIDDLE 40S.
HIGHS IN THE MIDDLE 60S.
.SATURDAY...CHANCE OF SHOWERS OR THUNDERSTORMS.  LOW AROUND 50.
HIGH NEAR 70.
.SUNDAY...DRY.  LOW IN THE MID 40S.  HIGH IN THE UPPER 60S.

SITE 2:
 <A HREF="http://www.intellicast.com/Outdoors/">Intellicast - Outdoors Main
Page</A>  Mostly National Parks/Forest.
 <A
HREF="http://www.intellicast.com/LocalWeather/World/UnitedStates/Southeast/Ten
nessee/GreatSmokyMtn/Forecast/">Intellicast.com Weather - Great Smoky
Mountai...</A>

SITE 3:
 <A HREF="http://tgsv7.nws.noaa.gov/weather/ccus.html">United States Current
Weather</A>