Re: [at-l] Challenge - East VS West

Someone said hiking in the West was easy. Another said the writer hadn't been where he had. The point this arguement misses is that challenge and boredom have absolutely nothing to do with terrain and everything to do with your head. Mental attitude is what gets you there or doesn't. It doesn't matter if it's a short hike or a long one, at high altitude or low, with lots of open views or only occasional ones. Are you willing to go the distance? Are you determined to find meaning in the journey? If not, you will inevitably leave and look for something more personally satisfying. It happens on the trail, in school, on the job, in marriages, in life. We can't all find satisfaction in the same things. Some of us have a harder time than others finding what gives our lives meaning. Some never do. It's not a contest.