Re: [at-l] Gathering

On Mon, 20 Sep 1999 06:56:12 -0500 kahley7 <kahley7@ptd.net> writes:
> OK......I can't take it anymore!!!
> I have questions and beg fop answers....
> What's the lay out at Hanover?  I mean where do we sleep
> and eat and yak.  I need to know where to set up the lister's

Ok..here is the drill. The Gathering in Hanover will have the "classes"
at the Dartmouth campus.  Unlike the Gathering last year, there are
PLENTY of places to meet for chow other than a cafeteria with a
loooooooooooooooooooooong line. Hanover also has two good size grocery
stores if you want to buy food (or beer. :D ) to bring back to the camp
site.

The camp sites are divided into two parts (at least,that was the way it
was in '97). A quiet camp ground, and the more populated one.  The one I
camped in was essentially a large field a little less than a mile from
the college.  If you have a ALDHA/ Wingfoot book, there should be a
layout of the town in it.      I thought Hanover had a better setup for
the Gathering than Pipestem.

On a related note, a certain former New Englander (me! :D) is wondering
if a pickup at Boston is possible for myself and a friend? Will pay for
gas, and promise to share any watermelon I happen to bring.