Re: [at-l] Appalachian Trail Conference Dues Increases

In a message dated 9/20/99 5:23:14 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
johno@mail.monmouth.com writes:

<< Trail Maintaineer Yearly Membership is $18.00 will change to $25.00 >>

What's with that?  Seems like trail maintainers pay enough dues already.  I
worked as a volunteer for the Green Mountain club (through the ATC) last year
doing new a relo, although I never expected it, they gave me a yearly
membership to their club (gmc).

As a AT hiker, I feel the obligation of paying my yearly monetary dues for
the well being of the trail.  But, if I'm busting my balls clearing and
maintaining the trail, the ATC should allow a little slack.

Oh jeeze, I guess they just did, I only have to pay what I've paid for the
last three years.

Seriously, anyone that hikes the AT should join the ATC either through yearly
membership or by giving up a week to the maintaining of the trail, preferably
both.

Sly