[at-l] Katahdin after the Storm

Hi Listers!
 Blew off Friday night reservations and just went up for Saturday with my
nine year old son, BillyGoat. At 5:30 am we lined up at the gate three cars
back in a heck of a wind storm, car shaking/tree whipping gusts. Several
Trails were closed due to high water, and FROST was predicted for that night.
The Rangers were busy on the perimeters road clearing blowdowns, and the
strong winds kept up until noon. And then- clear skies, warm breezes and
delightfulful weather. We hiked up the AT onto the Hunt Spur with lots of day
hikers, still it was a great climb!
 Temps got down into the 30s in the leanto Saturday night, Sunday dawned
bright and beautiful. A great weekend at Baxter. :O) Hiked into Hurd Brook on
the way home, the brook was deep and swift, almost like spring runoff time
instead of the usual dry fall. Too fast and deep for us to cross!
TJ