Re: [at-l] Blister care

The nurse is correct. My comments were based on watching others pick at the
blister, or wait until it had sloughed off. Ideally, a clean needle is
used. Finding one in the woods can be hard, unless you have thought out
your first aid/repair kit well. I like to carry a needle pre-threaded with
silk thread. Repairs backpacks and lacerations in a pinch. It stays put
stuck to the first turn of my duct tape roll.

However, I would prefer to leave the blister covered with skin intact. It
is sterile. Resting the extremity with the blister and allowing friction
and irritation to subside will let the bleb subside.

OrangeBug