[at-l] Rte 140 Trail Relo...Vermont

Just got back from walking a bit of the relocated trail here in Wallingford.
The trail now crosses Rte 140  .7 mile west of the old crossing.  Eliminating
all of the road walking on Bear Mtn Rd and Butterworth Rd. There is a good
LT/AT trail sign marking the spot. There is plenty of off the road parking.
I walked north thru sugar bush, gently climbing Bear Mtn.  Could hear thunder
rumbling in the distance so Apache and I cut our hike to Minerva Hinchey
short (3.4 miles from Rte 140) and headed back home....ALLLLLLL of my windows
were open...

On the way back to my car I met 3 northbound thru hikers.  First ran into two
women thru hiking the Long Trail, and then came upon Lou and Whitebark, they
started March 21, and then met Nightcrawler, he started in April.

Greenwall Shelter is now .4 mile off of the trail, but it does have a brand
new privy.

Mrs. Gorp