Re: [at-l] Re: September 10-12 Maryland Hike

Why hike NORTH up hill to a shelter, when your plan is to hike SOUTH? I would
park at the Old Forge Park and hike South the 2.4 miles to Deer Lick
Shelters. Staying at Tumbling Run Shelter will add about 3.3 miles to the
next days hike.

Antietam Road (Old Forge Road) is a narrow two line road.

District Forester
Michaux State Forest
10099 Lincoln Way East
Fayetteville, PA 17222