[at-l] Re: September 10-12 Maryland Hike

I've been holding off on a decision Re: September 10-12 at-l Maryland Hike.

Would like to join you, but months ago I signed up for a week of trail
building with the PATC/USFS Massarock Crew -- September 12-17.  Supposed to
be on-site and with camp set-up before dinner Sunday.  I could probably skip
dinner and orientation/organization meeting, as I'm a veteran member.
However, don't think I'm up to the logistics for the back-to-back endeavors.
I use total different clothes, shoes, tents, packs, etc. for backpacking and
trail work.

So, good luck and happy trails to you.

Chainsaw

PS -- BTW we not working on the AT.  We are nearly finished a loop around
Fort Valley.  Maybe, this year or next it will be done.

PSS -- Looks like good weather for your trip:

HIGHLAND-SHENANDOAH-FREDERICK VA INCLUDING WINCHESTER-ALLEGANY MD-
WASHINGTON MD-GRANT-MINERAL-HAMPSHIRE-MORGAN-BERKELEY-PENDLETON-HARDY-
330 PM EDT WED SEP 08 1999

SNIP

FRIDAY...30 PERCENT CHANCE OF MORNING SHOWERS THEN PARTIAL CLEARING.
HIGHS 75 TO 80.

.EXTENDED FORECAST...

.FRIDAY NIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY WITH LOWS AROUND 50.
.SATURDAY...PARTLY SUNNY WITH HIGHS 70 TO 75.
.SUNDAY AND MONDAY...PARTLY SUNNY WITH LOWS FROM 50 TO 55 AND HIGHS IN
THE MID 70S.