[at-l] Info on September 10-12 AT Maryland Hike

Hi Folks,
 This is what I have so far.  Any suggestions are welcomed.
 Friday night we can stay at Deer Lick Shelter, a double shelter with no
reports that spring is dry, and we can park our cars on
 Route 16 at crossing with AT.  There is a parking lot right there and
 shelter is a stone throw away.  People from Michaux Forest (717-352-2211)
 suggested this site as a safe one.  We can park on either side of the road
 and should have no problem finding parking space.   Parking cars at Pen
MarPark is not adviseable due to numerous vehicle vandalism reports.   In
morning shuttle cars will go to Pen Mar Rd and drop off hikers for a
 lisurely day hike south into Maryland.  The other group of hikers will
 begin their Maryland Death March.  Death Marchers may consider beingg at
Pen Mar Rd before day break to ensure the most day light for day.  Support
vehicles will be available along the trail so slack packing is the order of
the day.
 Friday night we'll arrange for transportation of vehicles south.  Saturday
 night we can stay at the Harpers Ferry Youth Hostel, 301-834-7652, Andrew
 is manager.  I didn't make reservations.  If they hostel is full, which I
 doubt, we can sleep in backyard and still have full privledges of hostel.
 Cost for ATC & AYH members is $11 a person or $16 otherwise.  A short
 distance from the hostle is a family style restaurant with great food and
 MILK SHAKES that will put a smile on EVERYONES FACE.
 Friday we'll arrange locations for pickups along trail for day hikers and
 death marchers.  Maryland has many road crossings with the AT so resupply
 and pickup won't be a problem.  Can someone supply a couple of good
 Maryland AT maps and highway maps for this hike?
Bring your own food and gear for hike
 For the Death Marchers your last 3 miles in on the C&O Towpath a flat
 gravel path along the Potomac River.  When you reach the Byron Memorial
 Footbridge your at the end of your trip.  Well almost.  You now need to
 backtrack 2 miles to youth hostel if that is where you plan to stay.
 Bring your own food, shelters and those bringing vehicles please bring
 several gallon water jugs full to assist in insuring we have enough water
 as water sources a low.
So far it appears to be a group of around 6-10 if all show up.
 So thats all I can think of for now.  Feedback is welcomed.

 John O

       http://www.monmouth.com/~johno/index.html