Subject: [at-l] Beginner's Test Run before 3-day AT hike
Author:  Delita Wright <delita@mindspring.com> at ima
Date:    8/9/99 12:02 AM

     Whew!  Thank's so much to those of you who have taken the time to
     encourage me (and say you want to read these posts). ;-)  I would
     probably think I was crazy to be trying this if it weren't for all the
     wonderful voices taking these early efforts seriously.

My total water usage for the 5 miles (approximate length of each day
planned for the 3-day hike) was 8 liters.    It would have been nice to not
have to stop and take off the pack to get water.

Delita