[at-l] Backpack at Mt. Mitchell (NC)

I am really lucky.  This was an official club backpack so I had to do it.
The backpack was from Mt. Mitchell (NC) to Deep Gap, which went over five
sixers (Mt. Craig, Big Tom, Balsom Cone, Cattail and Potato Hill).  As it has
been very hot where we live I was thrilled at the thought of escaping the
heat and to hike in the mountains.   The warmest temps we had were 67*.
Mostly the temperature hovered around 60.

The group consisted of Dan, two ladies and myself.  One of the women told us
her trail name is Woman Falling Down, and we soon found out how she got that
name.  On the return trip, Barbara and I stopped to talk to another hiking
and told him about our friend who had fallen at this spot going in.  Rounding
the corner, there was Michelle, on her back in the brush.  She was begging us
to help her up.  Instead we started laughing and grabbed cameras to take her
picture.  She was good sport about it and even posed (which meant she moved
her arms since everything else was immobile).

This hike has gorgeous views when the peaks are not in the clouds (which is
almost all the time).  The trail was quite strenuous and I was afraid the
ladies might be upset with me, although the hike was not long.  It turned out
they were quite proud of themselves for completing it.

Oh, one of the women is a big Martha Stewart fan and she sucked me into
making pancakes for Dan.  I didn't do very well and instead of having
pancakes, it looked sort of like scrambled eggs.  But with fresh blueberries
in them the mess tasted pretty good.  Next time I'll stick to oatmeal.

Gutsy