[at-l] boots

The things you can find out about your gear by spending a week in the rain....
I figured that this was probably the last year I would get out of my present
boots (Merrill Wilderness), but the week in Quebec has shown them to be even
closer to the end than I thought. So..... I've started looking around, and I've
hit two problems; the first is me - I have a narrow foot (mens B) with a high
arch, and the second problem is trying to compare boots since no store has all
the brands. I'd be very happy to hear suggestions from anyone else with narrow,
bony feet. BTW, I have to admit that I'm extremely hard on boots, the Merrills
are only 4 years old....
I also found that my beloved SD Devine Lightning tent is no longer cutting it.
I'm expecting that I'll be doing the ALT with the rainfly from my TNF as a
glorified tarp, and then possibly chasing down Kurt for my "X-mas present"...
On the other hand it was my first "long" hike with my new Osprey Impala, and I'm
very happy with it....

Skeeter