Re: [at-l] Labor Day Section Hike

On Mon, 12 Jul 1999 10:11:52 -0500 "L. Clayton Parker"
<lparker@cacaphony.net> writes:

> the list tell me about the weather in the Whites during early
> September?

Beautiful.

  Perhaps the best time to hike in the Whites.  In the high 50's/low 60's
during the day.. 30's/40's at night.   If you go in the Whites during
this time of the year (or any time for that matter) make sure you bring
some basic winter gear (Wool/fleece hat and mittens/gloves; fleece
jacket,  polypro top and bottoms) to be on the safe side.
During past fall trips I have worn a scrub top and shorts...others I was
clad in polypro top and bottom.

  On Labor Day weekend it will be "crowded".  That, of course, is a
relative term.  Being used to the woods, I had forgotten what crowded
really is.  Today, I took a re-fresher course. Went to Misquamicutt Beach
today here in  Rhody.   For those wondering what Miisquamicutt means..it
is Native American for "Tourist Trap that sells tacky t-shirts, has bars
with expensive drinks, and RV parks.".  Now that is crowded. :)