[at-l] Saw '99er Jesse at Front Royal

And it made my day -- my birthday, even!

He was hitching and it was late afternoon so we gave him a ride to the Trail
crossing where he'd have the best shot getting to Jim and Molly Denton for
the night.

Amazing how two utter strangers can talk a mile a minute from a cold start
-- about their mutual friends, favorite places, gossip, news, and nostalgia
-- and part pals.

I've felt what it takes to make a person look as relieved as he did when he
knew he was getting a ride, and I've been that delighted to run into someone
who understood all about what I needed and wanted like they'd just dropped
in from heaven.

Still, I swear I was even happier to give him that ride than he was to get
it.

Just Playin' Jane '98 just playin' angel when I can