[at-l] The true origin of GORP

Does anyone know where the term "gorp" came from?  I searched the
archives at the suggestion of a senior list member (senior on the list,
not life) and found nothing.  Well, I found out how awesome some folks
on this list are and how deep the history of the list is.  Made me
wonder about somethings though.  It also made me glad we are not have
flame wars and visiting trolls.

One week from today, I'll be at Max Patch!  I CANNOT wait. Ok, so I'll
leave work now, jump in the car,  oh, wait, I've gotta stay until I get
paid.  Darn.

Sam