Re: [at-l] Bryson etc.

> > All in all, a pretty good gentleman - at least for a Limey.
>
> Since we're collectively picking nits... Bryson isn't from the UK. He was
born
> in Des Moines.

Midwestern Anglophile, Limey, what's the difference?

(btw, some of my best friends are Limey)

The word isn't endearing and some may consider it provocative or
pejorative, since it originated as a salty name sailors used to refer to
English sailors.

But it stems from their discovery that limes kept rickets and scurvy at bay
and therefore became required eating on English ships.  I think it's a sort
of naming that arises either from sour grapes or excessive machismo from
the Spanish and French sailors.