Re: [at-l] hiking friends

Dear choovers,

Please do not leave the List. Although there are other support groups out
there, this one is most unusual. Most of us have never seen the other
person, but we communicate with each other, help each other, and care about
each other. We have one main thing in common, the AT, but the real stuff of
the List is those who either write or those who listen but we are all part
of a group.

Anyway, what your message is all about is Relationships. And I will offer my
comments. We can never, ever, really control the other person in our
relationship. We have to give the other person space, and we have to have
space.  We have a difficult time just controlling ourselves. And today,
there is more stress in our lives with family, jobs, money, etc. My point is
that I can only control myself; that we are all on our own; however, there
are meaningful relationships to us out there.

We are concerned about you and how you are coping. Maybe just knowing that
the List does care for you. And, I put this out, as I may want to believe,
for others on the List to share, that perhaps the spirit of the List can
help you during this time when you are not doing so well.

 (I do believe their is some kind of power, spirit, or whatever, in the
universe for good. I do believe we have the ability to help one another.
And if you will let it happen, it will.)

Know your friends on the list care about you, and are here willing to help
anyway we can. Just ask.

Gary from Newport News.