Re: [at-l] Bad Dog Advice (take with salt)

--- DaRedhead@aol.com wrote:

> So. . . is this a real problem?  Do you have personal knowledge of it?
> Have
> you contacted the authorities?  Because if you can answer yes to the
> first
> two, but not to the last, you are putting all the hikers behind you in
> jeapordy - and that is NOT what the community of hikers is about.
>
> The Redhead

> *

Well, as far as everyone hiking though there was concerned, the deal was
get through there and be done with it. There were enough horror stories
about the place, and like any trail rumor, you take it with a grain of
salt. It was two days after we passed through the area before I had heard
that Sunhound got nipped, and by that time we were well past the area and
any roads. Were we irresponsible for not reporting these dogs? I don't
think so, because they didn't attack or molest me or my partner. The
lassie-looking dog about 3 houses down waas more agressive than the
rotties were, but just barked alot. It never came into the street. had I
been accosted by the dogs, believe you me- the law would have known,
because I would have done my damnedest to save myself and my partner from
these dogs, if it meant killing them. And I am quite sure that had I
killed one of them, the cops would have been called. But that never
happened, so there was no contact with the law. If those who HAVE been
accosted fail to do anything, let it be upon their shoulders. And I do
believe my buddy Sunhound made a phone call from the general store on 19
when he got there. So these dogs are known, as is the trouble they cause
hikers.

 Big Daddy