Re: [at-l] Bad Dog Advice (take with salt)

> get through there and be done with it. There were enough horror
> stories
> about the place, and like any trail rumor, you take it with a grain

Luckily,  when I went through it was raining. (Hey..almost all my '98
hike stories involve rain... a wet year to say the least!). So no locals
, 2 legged or 4, harrassed me.  Seems like it would have been a different
story if it was sunny.

On the LT trip this past June, however. a large dog made three charges at
me. It was on a dirt road going to Vermont Rt. 15.  The dog came out of
nowhere and came running at me, full speed. Was ready to bash the thing
if worse came to worse..and I am a dog lover.
Was a tad interesting...