Re: [at-l] this is the 90's????

>they also told me i should not let my wife hike 75 yards in front of me I
should be hiking on her tail as this is the >90's.Looking for feedback on
both subjects

I wonder about the rationale for this. Is it a safety issue? If so, is it
based on the assumption that females are better targets of crime than
males?

I hike with my sister in law frequently and she's always ahead of me by 30
minutes to an hour. I'm thinking of a thru hike with her and another
friend, also an extremely strong hiker who usually out paces my sister in
law by half an hour over 3 or 4 hours. I'm often hiking with my daughters
and their friends and they are usually way ahead or behind, depending on
their attitude.

We've not run into any problems in Georgia or North Carolina.

David