[at-l] Searching for Mr. AT Bar

Hmmm...seem to have hit the enter key a little early.

I was searching today through a box containing old
photos. You know, that box that contains all those
photos of you when you were a kid, newpaper clippings,
announcements and such. Looking for a photo of me
around the time I was first exposed to the AT. For a
project relating to my AT thru-hike next year.

Found it. The shine off my crew cut caused an
overexposure of the film. Plus, from the appearance of
the photo, I believe my ears at that time could have
been used to receive radio waves from KDKA in
Pittsburgh (I grew into them).

Well, well well. Surprise. I found my 4th grade report
card in the process. Me at 10 years old. I thought
some of you would get a kick out of it.

In the hills of Pennsylvania, however the teacher
decided to discipline was fine with the school board
and corporal punishment was given on a regular basis.
Funny how I was promoted to corporal every week. So
some of us got whooped upside the head with a closed
fist by 4th grade teacher Mrs. Lohman.

Here's a quote from my 4th grade report card where I
received 6 A's and 4 B's and one D (Note: Mrs. Lohman
went to the asylum 6 months after writing this, I kid
you not):

"Tommy's conduct is not good! He is disobedient,
disrespectful, arrogant and sullen. He belongs on the
Honor Roll but unless his conduct improves he
certainly won't get there. The other teachers agree!
Your cooperation will be appreciated!"

I treasure this report card. I'm thinking of framing
it and hanging it up on the wall next to my signed
Everest poster.

Datto