[at-l] Thruhiker sighting in MA

Just to let you all know we met Avrogadro (you know, the number--my
spelling is made up) at the shelter worksite N of Mt Everett Tuesday.  He
left in Early Feb, and is doing well.  It's estimated he's about the 20th
one into the state this year so far.  He and his companion were off to see
Star Wars in GB that evening.

Work on the shelter continues inspite the tragic circumstances of last
week.  Much thanks to all of you who wrote with support and condolences.
It is most apprieciated, and needed.  There are ideas afoot to place a
memorial to Jack somewhere on the trail (Goose Pond?), but there are no
concrete plans as yet.

We have the platform completed (absolutely level, thank you), and after we
schlepped the two 400lb top rails (6x6x18ft) down to the site, the side
wall frames are up.  The site is lovely, there are no distant views, but
there have been breezes every day we've been there. Water source is 100 yds
away, on the AT just north of where the side trail goes east to the site.
On your AT maps the, site is just south of the existing shelter N of Mt
Everett.  Crews will be working there Tuesdays and Saturdays, please feel
free to stop by.  I suspect we'll be officially ready for occupancy early
in July.

Cosmo

"There are three great times for thinking --
 On the john, in the shower, and while hiking.
 And the best of these is while hiking."
        --Colin Fletcher.