[at-l] A message from Bristlecone

Hi,

I was talking to Bristlecone this weekend as he hung around Big Meadows for
a couple nights.  Why would anyone hang around there?  Just read his
message, short but to the point:

"Hiking 41.7 miles in one day is okay, but hiking 54 miles in one day is
really, really, really dumb".

When I asked him why he did it he said it seemed like an okay idea at the
time, and besides he'd just had a day off and then hiked a 7-mile day.
He'd done a 30+ mile day and a 40+ mile day, it was only 10 more miles.  So
now he's paid, and he's learned and he won't be doing any big miles again
really soon.  Tomorrow he will be eating at Skyland and Panorama... oh
yeah, and hiking :-)  But for a bit he is slowed down and re-humanized.

He sounded much happier today since he was finally hiking out of that area.
There are lots of thruhikers around him including Ma & Pa, Moe, Jelly, and
Field&Stream and there's another big crowd coming behind him too so I'm
sure he'll be meeting up with them over the next couple days.  He said if
you have questions about anyone in particular let him know (through me)...
he'll tell you if he knows where they are.

Twilight