[at-l] Intro

Good day folks, I am starting of by following the suggestion of   introducing myself to the list.

I live in Knoxville, and though I do not hike the AT exclusively, I have   found myself there a time or two.  Most of my other hikes are in the East   TN or West NC area.

I am not new to the AT List thing.  I recognize many of the trail   names/handles/call signs/email addresses from the ATML.  (note: I do not   have a trail name, I'm just David)  Having said that....... I made the   decision to join this list because the ATML focused a lot more on   traditional thru-hiking, not on section hiking, which is what I am more   into.    I did not leave the ATML because I can't get along with WF.  As   far as I am concerned, it is his web page, he can make the rules...... I   accept that.

Most of my hikes have been with my son and his scout troop.  His troop is   quite active in the back packing area, and the teens can flat put on the   miles.... it is a challenge to keep up with them.  After a long dry spell   from hiking and camping in my college days, I am getting back into it now   as a way to reduce my stress and to keep in shape ( what shape.... I'm   not sure yet).   Over the last year I have collected enough gear to get   back into the swing of things, and hope to this summer with several   weekends dedicated to hiking.

I look forward to meeting you folks on the list and in the woods in the   coming year(s).

David