[at-l] and then,.......

     just as you were SURE the list was going to degenerate into some sort
     of avarice driven blizzard of cold white email flames, here comes
     (CUE LOUDSPEAKER VOICE:)

                        GIMMMMEEEEEEEE CHOCO-LAAAAAAATEEEEEE

     and in she'd march, demurring and disarming the course of the
     conversation with one of her most excellent email posers like

     TOP TEN GIMME CHOCOLATE LIST DISTRACTION POSTS:
          10) If a Hersey Bar met a Godiva cordial in the forest, would
          they French Kiss?
          09) If you were to carry a cell phone on the AT, but only with
          very weak, single-use batteries, would that be OK?
          08) Is it Ok to call yourself "Gimme Chocolate" when in fact
          your true disposition is more like "Please, Sir, may I have
          some more...Reece's Sticks?"
          07) Proposition: PolarGuard II beats 550fill down, hands down,
          on an AT throughhike. True or False?
          06) Can I call myself "dangerous" if I unfurl an umbrella
          during a lightening storm?
          05) If a candy bar melts in a forest, and I'm not there to
          hear it, see it, smell it, taste it, .... oh never mind....
          04) Does everyone like my black undies?
          03) What is the best made backpack for all uses, all seasons,
          and all sizes of wearers (remembering that I stand 4',6.5" in
          my stocking feet, not counting the Nestle Chunks I've got
          stuffed into my shoes as heel lifts and spare food supply)???
          02) If the trail is to go beyond Katahdin, do we
          "stature-challenged" types get extra time?
          And the best GIMME CHOCOLATE LIST DISTRACTION POST is...
          01) Why do you like your stove?

     You gotta admit, the woman's got what it takes to get along in this
     world. To get by. To prosper! To LIVE!!
     GIMMEE CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!!!
     Ahhhhh, she's alright, that one.