[at-l] TD report part IV Where in the hell is Paris?

Despite my best efforts to 'git outta Damascus' without saying byebye to
Feelix,  he caught me <G>.  After teasing me with free auto repairs which
did not materialize, he gave me intructions to pick up two bearded hikers
and return them to the trail.  Sorry Feelix,  we couldn't find them but
we found two without beards (do I lose points here?).  The hikers were
named Algae and Paranoid and were headed back to Pearisburg.  Now
after the nightmare ride_to_TD, I was firm about wanting to get back to
my home turf before dark and I had a friend/hiker  to return to the trail
at Waynesboro, so I could only offer them a ride to the nearest I-81
exit to Pearisburg.
Since I really didn't plan to go to TD, I didn't have a decent VA map
and despite my and John O's best efforts (which isn't saying much when
you are working with a map that reduces the entire state of Va to an index
card (well..almost <g>) we weren't totally sure we were putting them on
the right road.  I felt badly...dropping these two in the middle of nowhere,
on what could be the wrong road.  So asking for some support from above,
(no....not a Pittsburgh shuttle <VVBG>) we pulled into a church parking lot.
Hikers out...gear loaded...hands shook..(shaken ?) and the hikers took the
three paces to the shoulder and out with their thumbs.  Bingo!  The FIRST car
pulls over and after a second or two of Q&A Algae turned with thumbs up
and a fabulous grin and yells "all the way"!!!  Yahoos from John and me and
as we pulled away, John yells out "Now you'll still have time to get in 12 miles

today!"
And the beat goes on.....