[at-l] Re: [ft-l] Yellowstone & Bears

In a message dated 5/10/99, 11:19:12 AM, ft-l@backcountry.net writes:
<<However, after reading all the recommendations for backpacking
in Yellowstone, I'm getting cold feet.>>

Are you an adventurer?  Do you wish to reap the reward that comes from doing
something where the risk can't be reduced to zero, but rather to an
acceptable level that many have braved?  Do you retain any of that spirit
that only a few centuries ago, every human had to engage as part of their
"battle" with nature, or do you represent that "modern" human who passes off
the very real risk of driving a car each day and numerous other activities in
our complex world that have risks, but we classify them as ordinary,
therefore acceptable; but fear the unknown risk that a potential encounter in
an environment where another animal reigns in a truce we have granted it?
Get in touch with that atrophying, but atavistic spirit deep inside you and
reconnect with the adventure of the human spirit!   Go!

Happy trails,

Solar Bear