Re: [at-l] Appalachian Trail Trip Report: Devil Fork Gap to Allen Gap

Hey Earthworm--Great trip report. Sure made me want to be out there. A  group
of us did that stretch last Nov. and I could really see it all and remember
the great time we had.

Took special note of this comment.

<< I thought I picked up vibes that the dog was protecting something and that
the young man was perhaps asking questions about the trail and my hiking
companions, etc., with an agenda that wasn't just conversational. >>

We met a guy--though older--at what sounds like the very same spot and who
made us feel the same way. Hopeful did most of the talking and deftly
sidestepped a lot of the questions, but we all wondered what the man was up
to. I'd say your feeling that the agenda wasn't just conversational was right
on the mark.
Vcat