Re: [at-l] Wow! My original intro and ADA

I hope that other hikers aren't a significant obstacle. Often people assume
the worse of others, particularly when there is something different about
the situation. Your note elicited that response.

I have no idea whether this dream is achievable or not. I would suspect
that review with a knowledgeable PT or trainer is in order. Much depends on
your specific illness and circumstances, as well as trail conditions at the
time. I would expect major problems at fields of blow downs, such as near
Justus Creek, unless you have some use of your legs. Rock scrambles would
also be difficult, unless there are means of portage for your chair and
pack. Many experts in the AT believe that it has become even more difficult
in the past few years.

There is one ultimate way to find out, but I hope you research
appropriately to avoid placing yourself or your sons in a hazardous situation.

OrangeBug
Atlanta, GA