[at-l] trail magic

With few of the usual susects posting right now, I thought I'd share a
nice passage.  In _The Letters of Private Wheeler; 1809--1828_ are these
lines which remind me of long distance hiking on the AT:

"The sooner the campaign opens the better.  It is true we shall have to
encounter great dangers and fatigues.  What of that, it is the very life
and soul of a soldier to keep moving.  If we do suffer privations at
times, we have some sunshiney days, and dame fortune often leads us out
of difficulty and puts us into possesion of all the luxuries of life."

--pw