[at-l] Versatile walking stick & chair

My sister Sue is still suffering from the aftereffects of radiation on her brain
tumor, causing her to lose control of the leg muscles on her right side. After
talking to Mom last night, I suggested since Sue refuses to use a cane, Mom find
a decent walking stick. Has anyone on the list ever tried this themselves, or
for a relative? Use a walking stick instead of a cane to support weight? Sue's
about #130. Not sure what might do the trick.

Also, Mom would like to get Sue a lightweight folding chair for excursions where
she needs to rest. Any suggestions on a good, inexpensive model? It needs to
have legs-- she can't sit on the ground because she can't get up easily.

And our FL list members...Solar Bear, Datto, Earthworm, etc... do you have any
idea where an Ocalan can easily get better than Wally Mart outdoor gear, now
that Sports City is history? Any gear stores in Gainesville?

Appreciate your help,
Sandy "Navigator"