[at-l] tray gap feast and hike...

SLG and Midlife Crisis ( and hopefully their spouses ) and I will be
hosting a feast at Tray Gap ( mile 55.1 on the AT in Georgia ) on the
20th and 21st ( Saturday supper and Sunday breakfast ).  My group ( Mrs
Gorp and sister, Choovers, Turtle, and a few others ) will be hiking in
on Saturday.  We are expecting a few stray thru-hikers also.  There is
plenty of room to tent Saturday night.  There will probably be a hike on
Sunday to the top of Tray Mountain, one of the trails great vista points.
 There is no need to respond/reply to this post, just show up if you can.
 Bring water and something for the supper and breakfast tables...

From Unicoi Gap ( AT crossing on Georgia State Route 75 ) go towards
Hiawassee 4.5 miles.  Take a sharp right onto a gravel/dirt road and
follow many miles to a confluence of forest roads and a green trash
container.  This is Tray Gap.  If you don't see anyone around, give a big
yell.  We are meeting about 100 feet down an old auto road that passes
between the AT and the green trash container.  If you are first to
arrive, then take a hike.  If you would like to park at Unicoi Gap and
hike to Tray Gap ( 4.7 trail miles ), go ahead.  We can get you back to
Unicoi Gap on Sunday.  If you are ambitious and would like to hike from
Dicks Creek Gap to Tray Gap ( 11.7 trail miles ), go for it.  We can get
you back there on Sunday too...

pittsburgh