Re: [at-l] Moving to flatland

Rob Brown wrote:

>         I just accepted a job in Indianapolis, Indiana.  I'll be moving there from
> northwestern Pennsylvania just in time for spring fever to set in.  I'm not
> sure that I'll be able to make the adjustment to flatland, but I'll finally
> have weekends off, so I can actually do some real hiking again, at least
> for an overnight now and then.  In the past I noticed that several people
> from the list were from Indiana,  (snip)

Hi Rob and family,
Welcome to Indiana!   You will be in flatland Indiana in Indianapolis but not all of
Indiana is flat.  I live in Switzerland County in southeastern Indiana named by the
Swiss settlers because it reminded them of home.  Yes we do have HILLS, not
mountains.  The American Discovery Trail goes right through my area starting in
Lawrenceburg, winding up and down those hills.
The trails in Clifty Falls State park in Madison, IN are really pretty and strenuous.
I carried my son in a child backpack carrier on those trails and trails in Brown
County state park (also hilly) when he was small.  Get a state map and check out the
state parks and  Hoosier national forest.

welcome,
Kathy