Re: [at-l] leathers

>ok i've made my first leather- out of a very yummy smelling tomotoe
>sauce. it smells rather strong obviously. how much do i use and how
>do i use this to make spagetti and sauce. do i just throw it in with
>the noodles or do i rehydrate it first?

PJ - next time you make it, pay attention to how much you put in vs. how
much you get out; i.e. how much fresh tomato sauce dehydrates to how
much leather?  Then you can portion it out, for example if 2 cups of
sauce dry to 1/2 cup of leather (yeah, if you dried it a *lot* you can
pulverize it in a blender - sauce powder - for easier measuring), and
you normally put 1 cup of sauce on your serving of spaghetti, you'll
need 1/4 cup of leather for a serving... see how it works?  Make your
noodles and when they're done you can put the sauce powder in to soak up
the rest of the water.

>also does any one have a good recipe to make chili dried in the
>dehydrator?

Almost any chili will do well, but keep in mind that meat tends not to
dry as well as other non-fatty foods.  Make the chili veg and dry it,
then try drying meat separately to add later - someone else on the list
will have to help with that though as I'm vegetarian and I've just told
you all I know about drying meat! :-)

Sandpiper

--
Where you've been is dead and gone