[at-l] 3 days to go/ Thank You Everyone

    Well, the big day is almost here. Only 3 days before I leave. I have my mail drops packed. Two of those mail drops have been sent. I have "my" things put up around the house (feels like I died or something,,,putting my stuff "away"). I had the local newspaper interview,,,someone told them I was hiking the entire AT,,,(OK,,, it was me). Took my last work out class at the Wellness Center. Visited the local sporting good shop for the last time before my hike. Visited friends for the last time before the hike. Sunday will be last minute phone calls to my mother and family.
    I am scared, excited and finding it hard to believe that "I" <<< KC Felton aka War Eagle <<< will be hiking the AT for 6 months, carrying a 30 pound pack, hiking about 15 miles a day, through snow, sleet, rain, fog, wind,,,,OH Yeah and a bunch of  sunny, cool, gorgeous days!!!!
    I want to thank everyone on this list,,,and a few from the "other" list for helping me to prepare for this adventure. I learned a great deal and actually took and will use a lot of advice that was given,,,including but not limited to,,,NOT carrying a gun (but will carry pepper spray),,,NOT carrying a cell phone (but it was a thought),,,NOT carry an Umbrella (was going to at first),,,etc. My pack weight has been cut to about 26 pounds (winter,,,without food and water) and 24 pounds (summer). I told this to some guys at radio shack and one exclaimed,,,"You are NOT carrying any food or water the entire trip?" I explained what winter and summer weight "without" food and water meant.
    Anyway,,,thanks all! If you want to get ahold of me while I am on the trail, go to my web page www.backcountry.neyt/wareagle and send an email,,,Leapfrog will forward the messages to me. Again,,,,thanks ya'all for your help. I will be signing off Sunday night from this list. Ya'll play nice now!! KC aka War Eagle