Re: [at-l] first aid kits

From: bluestreak <bluestreak@mailcity.com>
Subject: [at-l] first aid kits

>Hi all, I am curious to know how many of you carry first aid kits with you
on the trail. Do you take it even on day hikes, or only on extended
trips.What do you carry? What would you not leave home without? Here is the
contents of my kit, would be curious to see contents of others.

>Band aids of various sizes
Yes

>gauze pads & roll
I take a few gauze pads.  A roll of what, more gauze?

>triple antibiotic
Yes

>bee sting kit
No. What is it?

>various nsaids
Huh?

>antacid
>pepto bismal tabs
No and no.

>tweezers
Yes.

>tick spoon
I'm starting to feel ignorant.  What the heck is this?

>antiseptic wipes
Yes.

>needle & thread
Yes, but I consider this part of my repair kit, not my first aid kit.  I
think the needles I bring are way too big for stitches.

>adhesive tape
Used to bring a roll of medical type adhesive tape.  Now just more duct
tape.

>moleskin
Yes.

>scissors
Used to pack a pair of scissors.  Now I have a little Swiss Army knife with
scissors.

>ace bandage
I've carried one for years and years.  Never even thought about using it.
Eventually I'll probably drop it.  I am blessed with good knees.

Also:
Some kind of anti-inflamatory (Ibuprophin).
Some kind of general antihystamin (sp?)
A plastic mirror.

Peter