[at-l] small PS Re: Inspirational Music for the Nearly Departed

Subject: Inspirational Music for the Nearly Departed
Author:  Thomas McGinnis at UCCLAN
Date:    2/18/99 7:46 PM

     <snip of Rah-Rah material>

     and lots and lots of the Grateful Dead.

     PS: As a teenager, lots of my friends were Dead Fans, but I just
     enjoyed them as party music...didn't really care one way or t'other.
     But on my throughhike, somewhere in Vermont on a high, high mountain,
     in a lonely, lonely leanto in the pines, wind whistling all 'round, I
     stopped for a rest and picked up the journal to read out of the wind.
     Someone wrote

     When I die, please bury me deep
     and place two speakers at my feet
     and place some headphones on my head
     and always play the Grateful Dead!

     and I thought to myself, I thought "Self!, Any music group that
     inspires that kind of thought is a group worth a second listen!" And
     when I got back to civilization, I did listen, and listen, and
     listen......

     "...The dog turned around to me and he said
     'You better get back to Tennessee, Jed"

     Nytol!
     Sloetoe'79