[at-l] Worse than c*** ph***?! (was: Scary Day)

Sharon Sharpe wrote:
> So this must be either a c*** P**** or a gun...right?
in repy to Lee I Joe writing:
> >So you don't want to hear about the newest hiking gadget that is so cool it
> >has been banned from this list not just once, but twice? Small, lightweight,
> >versatile and available at a dealer near you...

Speaking (or not) about c*** p****s, have y'all seen the article on pages
141-143 of the latest (March 1999) issue of Outside magazine?!  It's part
of their "Review" section..."Mobile electronics for your every move:  The
latest breed of totable technology...makes it possible to go into the
backcountry without going incommunicado."  Goes on, "...whether or not you
view portable computers, personal digital assistants, wireless phones, and
the like as anathema in the wilderness, there are some pretty good
reasons...to equip yourself with these devices."  At prices up to $3395
(for the Iridium Satellite Phone, which eliminates the "cell phones won't
work in a lot of spots" argument), I think there'$ another rea$on be$ide$
anathema for me not to have any of the$e gizmo'$.  %-P -- Earthworm, who
thinks she'll probably not put this article in the Trailplace AT Bibliog.