[at-l] Woodshole Shelter

SaraSW@aol.com wrote:
> What comes closest in my book to Paddler's 10.6 miles from Gooch Gap is
> Slaughter Creek or the camping area at Slaughter Gap where a bunch of trails
> come together. What say you?
> Vcat

Says me:
Woodshole is there. It is south of the trail junctions you speak about.
It is a LONG, LONG way off the Trail. Especially at night when you're
freezing yer ace off and there are 2 minutes to go in a close football
game that has both Steve Young and Brett Favre and the radio station is
fading out >:-|  (Not taht that happened to me, mind ya)

This shelter is where I caught Windbraker and QP. It was 5* and crunchy
cold. It is roughly 1 mile south of Slaughter Gap and AT LEAST .5 from
the AT. AND (prepare for another example of Southbounder's
mistreatment...) The sign on the tree is only for northbounders to see...
(Arrrgggggghhhh)

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98