[at-l] Laurel Creek Lodge

This is a follow up on the Laurel Creek Lodge situation. Apparently the
past owners/caretakers were less than hiker friendly. I stopped by their
website and sent them an email - asking them to defend their reputation.
Here's the reply - paraphrased where appropriate:

> Thank you for contacting us.  Please note that in November 1998,
> the campground/hostel was sold, and the new owners have hired
> Dennis and myself (Mary) as the new caretakers!  We welcome hikers
> to the campground and although we have many plans for improvements,
> and have added accommodations, we are very service oriented.   We
> welcome you to use us as a mail drop, or to send provisions ahead
> to restock your supply. Please do look at our web page at
> http://www.LaurelCreekLodge.com to see our other services, and let us
> know what we can help you with.  We look forward to seeing you in April!

Based on this new information, I'll definately be using them as a mail
drop and stopping by. I'll be sure to write up the results of my visit
in my Journal. This is not to say anything bad about Kincorra Hostel -
I'm just doing research and expanding our options.

Thanks everyone for the warnings and information. That's exactly why I
put up my hiking plan, and the responces have been appropriate and appreciated.

-Paddler (25 days to Springer!)

ps Up to 112 days now in the plan at http://wcha.org/hike