Re: [at-l] fireball vs puffball

Fourwh1021@aol.com wrote:

> Me too!!  I am trying to decide on clothes now...I want a fleece top,
> not a
> jacket, more like a sweater, but all I see are pull overs.  Anyone
> know a good
> zip up brand?
>
> Patty

When I attended Trail Fest last year in Hot Springs, I had forgotten to
bring my old fleece pullover. It got a little chilly at night and I
needed fleece, since after Trail Fest, we were hiking from Rainbow
Springs to Fontana Dam. So, I paid a little visit to the shop in Hot
Springs and picked up a Mountain Hardware Fleece zip up jacket for a
very competitive price (they charge much more in St. Louis!). I love
this jacket. It has pit zips and it's easy to regulate the temperature.
I wear this jacket all the time in town and also use it for my
backpacking trips. It cleans up nicely. It's very well made.

I know these things are expensive, but I think the versatility and the
high quality are worth every dime. I tend to buy good quality and keep
the item for a very long time. Hope this helps.

--
Peter H. Fornof
athiker@plantnet.com