Re[2]: Oops was Re[3]: [at-l] Questions Questions

     Lee I Joe said:

     Bleach is an acceptable substitute for iodine. Same basic rules
     though. So many drops, shake well, wait so long etc. If you leave
     the top of the water container open it helps relieve the taste
     somewhat.

     Lee I Joe

     To which I reply:
     I hate to be a bore, but the site I gave
     (fc.net/~tdeagen/water/one.html)
     has a couple of studies which either cite other original research or
     which conduct their own original research on the efficacy of various
     "treatment" methods.
     And Bleach loses.
     Cold water, turbidity, comparisons to iodide or filtering.....bleach
     loses.

     Sorry sir. (And so I take mine straight.)
     --TMc
     Sloetoe'79