[at-l] ALDHA-ATC AT Thru-hiker's Companion Info

 John O wrote:
> Hi Folks,
> I'm not familar with the ALDHA-ATC AT Thru-hiker's Companion anybody give
> some input on its value now that WF handbook won't be available till mid
> March?

I carried ALDHA's Thru-hiker's Companion on my '97 thru, along with the ATC
Data Book. Together, these two resources will provide all the info you will
need. The ALDHA book gives all the info you will need on town facilities
(hostels, motels, grocery, ATM?, etc). It has 1-800 numbers for gear
manufacturers. It has P.O. numbers. It lists alternative mail drops. It gives
a little "trail history" every once in awhile. It has a small section that
pictures and/or describes certain flora/fauna you will see. It goes from S->N!
And it does NOT editorialize AT ALL. I absolutely loved it, and i didn't meet
any other hikers in '97 who had any problems with it either. I know a few
hikers who switched over to it mid-hike.

Walk with light,

-Rambleon-