Re: [at-l] ALDHA-ATC AT Thru-hiker's Companion Info

>I'm not familar with the ALDHA-ATC AT Thru-hiker's Companion anybody give
>some input on its value now that WF handbook won't be available till mid
>March?

I had (have) WF's 1997 handbook. I have the ALDHA 1998 Thru-Hikers'
Companion. I compared both books and like the Hikers' Companion better. Both
have the same town info. WF's book adds more shelter info. I will be
carrying parts of the ALDHA book because it is more compact. I also have the
Appalachian Trail Data Book (1997), I will be carrying parts of it,,, it has
trail miles, road crossings, shelter miles, town miles and is also very
compact. I also have the Appalachian Trail Conference Workbook for Planning
Thru-hikes that I found very useful in planning for my thru hike. KC aka War
Eagle