Re[2]: [at-l] Food stuff

Subject: Re: [at-l] Food stuff
Author:  Tim Hewitt <thewitt@fairchildsemi.com> at ima
Date:    2/1/99 1:56 PM

Thomas McGinnis wrote:
[clip]
>      Paddler:
>      1) I've got an AYCE breakfast bet on you cooking breakfast at Hawk
>      Mtn. If you can tell me that in good faith you earned an AYCE, it's my
>      treat.

OK. I'll take that bet :).

     ********DONE!

>      2) Why would someone go through all the trouble of minimizing weight
>      (as you've done), and then trouble themselves to CREATE(!) a 2 pound
>      rehydration LOAD(!) every afternoon, in order to save themselves 2
>      ounces of fuel?

This was an interesting choice. We'll see how it works out. I don't
mind carrying water to soak 1/3 of a cup of veggies and 1/2 a cup of
dried meat instead of canned tuna and enough fuel to cook for 20
minutes. The water load is "to cover" so it less than a pint.

        WELL, YOU AND LYNN WHELDON -- SEEMS YOU'RE IN GREAT COMPANY!

-Paddler