Re: [at-l] Non-Ruck Party

DaRedhead@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 1/31/99 8:39:35 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> grey_owl1@juno.com writes:
>
> << PS hey Red did you stick a ferret in my backpack?  I seem to have an
>  extra. >>
>
> I was hoping you wouldn't notice so quick.  It seemed only fair that since
> Felix was at the ruck with the OTHER ferrets, this ferret have some fun too.
> But quite frankly, the truth is, he was tired of chasing mom's 100 lb dogs
> around the house, Cassy kept closing him up in the toybox, and the constant
> ringing of the phone for my older daughter was waking him up at all hours.  He
> *begged* to get out of here.  Besides, he doesn't like to be stared at.
>
> Not to discourage all you '99 thru hikers <g>  It CAN be peaceful here - like,
> at 3:00am.

Same as here at the Hostel! Seems we had a couple people who just couldn't both
get the last word in! :)

They'll remain nameless for now. But Felix, o my o my... how the hair did fly! I
tried to charge him twice cause he looked so different from one hour to the next.
Reminded me of one of those hillbillies from the comic strip Lil' Abner....  :)

Tom