Re: [at-l] food and general planing.

Paul Miller wrote:

> i am just gettin worried now seeing every on elese plan out stuff like
> that... i am figuring on carry a weeks worth of food plus one day <a week
> being the unit of time i think it will take me to get to the next resupply
> point>. but i am also having trouble desideing if i should ever get rid of
> my winter-ish gear

I've had two-nighters that I spent more time planning than I did my
thru-hike. I just got ten days of food and waited for Pittsburgh to pick
me up. (Well, I borrowed the maps for New England, too) Figure out the
days to your first town and carry that much food. And, re: maildrops...
On my next thru-hike, I plan to only go to towns with NO post office out
of protest of the poor quality of service, etc... I digress. And, I don't
want to disgruntle anyone...

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98