[at-l] Re: Ghost Stories

On Fri, 22 Jan 1999, Tom Fort wrote:

<< the only one I know is at Mollies Ridge Shelter in the Smokies.

Appearantly, last century, a man (maybe indian) went hunting up there and
never returned.  The wife so missed him that she still roams the area today,
searching for him. Don't know if its true, but if you've ever spent a foggy,
stormy nite there, it does get spooky. >>

I didn't realize that Mollies Ridge was supposed to be haunted.  It was
turning misty and foggy when I was there, and was becoming pleasantly spooky
until the Boy Scout troop came in.

I once had a haunting experience at Punchbowl shelter, but the last time I was
there
was uneventful.  I guess the more people there are at a shelter the less
likely you are to be visited.

Gypsy