[at-l] Neat product

I just found a neat product, it may not be exactly new, but it is the first
time I have ever seen one. I used snowshoes occasionally many years ago, but
they didn't have cleats and points like modern ones. I have carried
emergency crampons when casual winter hiking in the mountains. This product
combines the best of both with versatility and weight savings to boot.

Atlas makes a snowshoe that is designed to accept Black Diamond Sabretooth
crampons. It has no cleats or points built in. If money is no object and
weight (and versatility are) then you can use BD Sabretooth crampons for the
icier stretches, and when it flattens out, just step into the snowshoes and
go. They are _climbing_ snowshoes designed for less than flat ground, so
they may even be worn to some extent to climb in.

Lee I Joe